We are in search of part-time, spirited, seasoned kindergarten & Pre-K teachers and substitutes to teach school readiness skills to our Pre-K students and younger. This will be at our preschool alternative program in preparation for kindergarten during the 2017/2018 school term and beyond!
Previous kindergarten and primary grade classroom teaching experience is a HUGE plus. ALL teachers MUST have previous elementary or structured Pre-K classroom experience. No exceptions!
We are also on the lookout for part-time afternoon tutors for students in grades K-2.
Our Early Learning Programs
- School Readiness Skills (Math, Literacy & Handwriting)
- Reading Lab
- Math Lab
- Homework Helpers
Program sessions run between 1 hour to 2.5 hours. We’re looking for passionate teachers who are familiar with preparing and facilitating hands-on activities to supplement student learning.
School Readiness Teacher (Part-Time)
- Bright personality.
- Teach school readiness classes.
- Preparing lessons: learning materials and photocopying.
- Teaching children phonemic awareness and numerical relationships in a fun, engaging and interactive way.
- Must be able to adjust lessons to adapt to differentiated learning styles.
- Refreshing classroom between sessions.
- Take part in program promotional duties.
- Providing exceptional customer service to parents. Parents must always be made to feel valued, respected, and have their needs met, ALWAYS
- Minimum Education requirements qualification: Associate degree in Child Develop or Early Childhood Education. Bachelor of Early Childhood or Elementary Education degree a definite plus.
- Hours consist of half days a few days a week, may involve occasional Saturdays.
Primary Tutors (Part-Time)
- Bright personality.
- Teach children to their individual needs.
- Preparing lessons and photocopying.
- Children are given an assessment on first session which will identify their areas they need to work on. It is then up to you to go through our lessons to pull out the relevant parts to help your student achieve their goals.
- Parents must always be made to feel valued, respected, and have their needs met. Must provide exceptional customer service.
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor of Elementary Education degree K – 6
- Hours consist of weekday afternoons and Saturdays.
All applicants must be able to pass a background check and be CPR and First Aid certified.